14 October 2013
While it's true, I've never actually been to Paris, it is on my list of things to do. In the meantime, I do feel very french and carefree in my classic fall pieces. And in case you were wondering, yes, that is a new coat. I just can't help myself. That's not true...I don't wanna help myself. I love coats!!!
Ann Taylor Loft Jeans
Ann Taylor Coat from Crossroads Trading Co
27 September 2013
Those that know me know I find joy in organizing and purging. I also find that when parts of my life are out of my control, I compensate by over-controlling other areas...like my closet.
Lately, I've been going through my wardrobe, purging most of my clothes, taking inventory, and slowly building up my closet with classic staples. It seems my whole life I have fought against being preppy, however, these days I find myself longing for it. What can I say, I'm a malcontent.
Like a tech nerd, I use a list app to keep a running list of clothes I want. As the fall weather (my favorite season) moves in, I am on the hunt for a list of fall staples.
- A navy blazer, a classic staple for many decades that can be worn every season. And if you're a jeans all the time girl like myself, a tailored blazer always pulls your outfit together with ease.
- Ever since I saw a fisherman sweater paired with a fur scarf (which I own) in Lucky Magazine, I have been on the hunt...a must find, must have piece in my closet. BTW, still looking.
- Ankle boots have eluded me. I'm having a hard time finding the right pair for me, but they look so cute with skinny jeans; a style I've only just started to embrace.
- I love coats! It's just a fact. I have a list of coats to complete my closet too. The cape being one of them. I'm not sure what is the perfect cape, but I'll know it when I see it. The example above is pretty close to perfect admittedly.
- While cleaning out my wardrobe, one big thing that stood out was the fact that I needed MORE color and MORE pattern. But, that's an easy fix.
- Last but not least is a black handbag. I've had my eye on this tote for some time now, but I also need a a satchel in my arsenal. Finding one at a price point that I can afford is a little difficult, but make no mistake...I have let me husband know, on more than one occasion, under no uncertain terms, that I do need one. He get's it.
10 June 2013
I have been looking for the perfect maxi skirt for several years now...with no luck. I knew I didn't want a striped one, it seems every woman has one of those for summer, and I thought black was what I needed to complete my closet. Turns out, I was wrong. When I found this white linen maxi skirt, I found my other half. Ok, maybe that's a little overly dramatic, but this skirt was perfect for me. Yep, that's right, for ME, perfect. White is very versatile, goes with everything. Of course, now I find myself shopping for tops to go with my white skirt, and of course, everything goes with it. I'm having fun this summer, me and my skirt.
Oh, and in case you were wondering, cobalt blue, is a fantastic color, almost neutral, as this tote too goes with everything.
Banana Republic white linen maxi skirt
Old Navy flip flops
Zara tote from Crossroads
Find anything perfect for you this summer at MidtownThrift.com
15 May 2013
While I've been away, something I've been working on is a new business venture. I have taken a leap and turned my passion for shopping second-hand into a online business. While I continue to tweak and make things perfect, please take a minute to visit my new business, www.midtownthrift.com. If you like what you see, please let me know. If you see a way to make something better for you as a shopper, please let me know that too. I want to make this a great experience for you.
Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog...I'll be back soon.
12 February 2013
It's true...I have a crush on these orange pants. I knew the next time I wore them (a week after the first post about the same orange pants) I wanted to pair them with a burgundy turtleneck. What I didn't expect was how much I also wanted to add this bright blue necklace. I know a pop of color is good, and Kate Spade is building a whole campaign around color, but is it possible to have too much (pop) of color? I hope not because I'm likely to wear this outfit again just as it is.
P.S. I did love how the setting sun made theses orange pants even brighter than I thought possible.
Necklace form The Clothesline
Thrifted leopard peep toes